What I liked from PN on the subject and what I will incorporate into my life to build on my skills....
Negative feelings...we don’t like them but have to accept them..even though that is challenging at times. Emotions, no matter how painful they are, are not the problem. The problem is wallowing in them, placing our life on hold while trying to work them out or fix them. Question: would you rather feel depressed while sitting in room all alone or would you rather feel depressed while cleaning your house/office, going for a walk...doing anything more productive that sitting all alone in a room with your thoughts. Concept – by doing anything productive even while feeling negative about something, we will eventually improve our emotional state VS simply worrying or simply stewing in negativity.
Self-Mastery: practice, practice, practice! If I want to live in ‘being present’ I need to practice ‘being present’. The more I practice the more it becomes natural and automatic. So...what can I count on that will keep me practicing? My passion to learn and my desire to create new behaviours that make me happier! Even if I forget or lose track...one I remember..I’ll be back to practicing what I am learning. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE...until the new behaviour becomes part of my natural repertoire. And then....express gratitude! Gratitude leads me to feel happier. Feeling happier leads me to want to practice some more. Cool!
Emotions: they make or break us down the road of success. Emotions will either hinder or help us with our perceptions, planning, solving problems, communicating, relating with others, etc. They affect our ability to deal with situations successfully...dependent where the emotions are on a scale of 1 to 10 of ’ in control’ to ‘out of control’. Without a doubt in my mind, I will see more success if I shift my perceptions to emotions or thoughts that are more pleasant and if I keep my negative feelings under control. I therefore will practice seeing the blessing in any given situation and focus on my strengths that can help me deal, change or cope what is before me.
Keeping the Faith: Believing that I have both the will and the way to accomplish my goals. I like this belief and it makes me feel hopeful of my future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finding the gift! Love it! :-)
ReplyDelete